|Size*||9 x 9 x 2|
|Description||A Lightning Sky model with Ray-series features and enhanced mobility.|
Arena: 105% (Blue) or 95% (Red or White)
Arena: 5 (Red) or 4 (Blue or White)
Arena: 6 (White) or 5 (Blue or Red)
|Action||Sweeps forward into the air.|
|Effect||Opponent sent up and away.|
|Ground Speed||128 hm/s|
|Jump Speed||179 hm/s|
|Jump Distance||45.0 in|
|*currently measured in inches|
Ray Sky (レイ スカイヤー Ray Skyer in Japan) is a Lightning Sky robo and a member of the Ray Series. It appeared in Custom Robo GX and Custom Robo Arena. It is a Normal Style robo in GX and a variable style in Custom Robo Arena depending on its color. It is used primarily by the Hero in Custom Robo GX after his X-Ray model was modified into a Ray Sky by the Nikaido Group.
Ray Sky comes in 3 different colors in the Japanese version of Custom Robo Arena. The color of Ray Sky determines its stat distribution and style and is randomly determined when you enter your home after downloading the patch at the DS Download Station (you can save before entering your home to determine which color you get):
- Blue: Power
- Red: Armor
- White: Speed
The blue version of Ray Sky is the only version available for non-Japanese players.
How to obtainEdit
- Custom Robo GX: Enter the correct password to open the container within the Creepy Mansion. This password is in the gallery section.
- Custom Robo Arena:
- Japan: Visit the DS Download Station anytime between November 11th, 2006 and December 5th, 2006 and get the patch. From there, visit your home and clean the robo in the gift box. The color is determined when you enter the house, so save before you enter if you want to choose a specific color.
- Everywhere Else: Purchase from the Underground Parts Shop. Only the Blue version is available.
To be added....
Jump and use your jump dash to fly while shooting a gun such as homing star or another gun that fire multiple rounds. It is preferable that you fire within close range of your opponent, so you can use a pod/bomb directly following the gun. Another way to use Ray Sky would be to get up close to your opponent, and use the charge attack, and right as soon as it connects, press the jump button to start gliding, and shoot your opponent with guns/bomb while flying away to safety behind a wall.
|You can charge or jump to get in the air. Sky dash around and release your payload: 3 pods, bomb, 2 gun salvos. Be careful where you aim the sky dash.|
|For use on small stages. Charge for height, stun with the gun, fire a Wall Pod, land, charge, airdash away and fire a bomb.|
|play as a sniper. use the bomb and pods when you see your victim. when he's stunned, use your gun or, when in range, charge.|
- Ray Sky is the first of the Ray series to not be a Shining Fighter.
- It alongside AIRS are the only two Ray series robos that are not Shining Fighters.
- Coincidentally, both are Lightning Sky robos and AIRS is based on Ray Sky.
- Ray Sky's "first" name (Ray) is named after the Light Phenomenon of the same name. His "last" name (Sky/Skyer) is a reference to the Model group that he is in (Lightning Sky/Lightning Skyer).
- Ray Sky is the only Custom Robo to have Colors affect his stats.
- However, unlike the color selector in Battle Revolution, you are stuck with the color chosen and cannot change it once you save the game.
- In Custom Robo GX, inputting the password to unlock the container is mandatory to completing the game.
- As such, many who play the game without knowing Japanese or having an FAQ to guide them will be stuck and cannot progress any further. As such, the password to progress further is included in the Gallery Section of this page.
- The Password is just his name in Japanese Katakana (レイスカイヤー).
- It is mandatory to own Ray Sky in Arena if one desires to obtain AIRS from Stark.
- Despite not being obtainable in the non-Japanese release of Custom Robo Arena, Ray Sky's Red and White variations are present within the game's coding.