|Ray Mk III|
|Size*||8 x 4 x 2|
|Description||Able to air-dash twice. Well-balanced performance. Adapted to any customization.|
|Action||Blinding frontal charge. Short distance, but good for surprise.|
|Effect||Opponent sent upward.|
|Ground Speed||128 hm/s|
|Jump Speed||179 hm/s|
|Jump Distance||45.0 in|
|*currently measured in inches|
How to obtainEdit
As this is the second robo acquired in Custom Robo Arena, it's stats are average and it is not an easy robo to win with, so it is recommended that the player obtains a better robo and equips it when they can. Howewer its stats are well balanced, so it can be seen as a jack of all trade, master of none. The best way of using it is at long range. When the opponent is down, finish with a charge or bomb.
|This set is really easy to use. First jump and shoot, once or twice, then use the bomb and assure to stop the opponent, then, when rounds hit the opponent, launch pod, dealing around 300 damage.|
|Use the formula legs' speed to move around quickly, as to launch the direct bomb, or just use it if the stradedgy fails,but anyway fire a wave pod, and as your moving, fire the dragon so you have a little slide to work with as an escape route|
- Ray Mk III, like the other Ray models, is named after the Light Phenomenon of the same name.
- Ray Mk III was developed by NeoBrain when they acquired the rights to the Ray series, marking it as the first (legal) Ray robo in the timeline to not be made by Lambda Ltd..
- However, seeing that X-Ray was made during GX, it seems as though Lambda Ltd. re-acquired the rights to the Ray Series. This makes sense as NeoBrain was doing poorly financially after the Greybaum incident.
- When looking at when the games were released, Ray Mk III is the 3rd legal/non-military Ray model to be developed by someone other than Lambda Ltd. (Ray Sky was 1st and was developed by the Nikaido Group by modifying an X-Ray robo and Ray 01 was the 2nd and was developed by the Research Lab).
- Despite being referred to as Ray Mk III, it is technically the 4th version of Ray timeline wise (due to to Ray II Dark existing) and the 10th version when looking at when the games are released.
- However, when looking at just legal and non-military robos, it is the 3rd version timline wise and the 6th version game release date wise.
- Ray Mk III is the first Custom Robo to be an Assist Trophy in the Super Smash Bros. series, assisting anyone who activated him in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.