|Description||An obsolete version of Ray created during the early years of custom robo. Imbalanced with good offense and poor defense.|
|Defense||0.5 (takes 160% damage)|
|Action||Attacks by jumping backward.|
|Standard Damage||130 (stat is 3.0)|
|Effect||Opponent is sent flying away FAR.|
|*currently measured in inches|
Ray Legend is an illegal Shining Fighter robo and a member of the Ray Series. This Other Style robo is considered an obsolete version of Ray from the early days of Custom Robo and thus is imbalanced. Ray Legend was used by the Hero's Father, the boss of the Z Syndicate in Custom Robo (GameCube).
How to obtainEdit
- Custom Robo Battle Revolution: Obtain a Gold Trophy in the Z Boss Room tournament during the Grand Battles. Afterwards, talk to Oboro. He will give you Ray Legend.
Ray Legend should be treated not like a Shining Fighter, but more like a Little Raider. The reason for this is for its high speed and EXTREMELY low defense. Ray Legend takes 1.6 times the damage of a normal attack. The best tactic is to rush an opponent, and hit them with a fast gun with short range (such as the Drill Gun). The only difference in strategy is that Ray Legend is much more effective than a Little Raider because of its EXTREMELY high attack power. He deals 1.5 times the damage with his gun. In addition, its charge, a back flip, is better for evasion or getting away from an opponent if they have you cornered by a wall: it allows you to simply back flip behind cover. He also has good aerial abilities (he can air-dash up to a whopping six times.) due to this, it can be played like a Lightning Sky. When combined with legs such as the Swallow Legs or Ultimate Legs, you can air dash all the way around most holosseums.
|The Default set that the hero's father uses.|
|This can be used like the default set. combine the raven legs with the ray legend's aerial abilities to evade almost anything.|
|This should easily allow you to overwhelm your opponent.|
|this set is designed to operate at long range. outrange your opponent. fire your gun and bomb constantly. flood the arena with pods to keep your opponent moving. the swallow legs help you evade any attack. with these legs, you should be able to air dash all the way across most arenas.|
|This set is designed for quick attacks and evasive maneuvers. Air dash toward cover, shoot the X Laser and then fall directly behind cover often. Use quick air dashes to weave in and out of the battle and throughout the arena. Freeze bomb can sometimes be useful to stun your opponent momentarily while Seeker pods can annoy your opponent. Seeker pods can be replaced by the Penumbra III pod if an illegal part is preferred. Use speed to your advantage. The idea is to overwhelm your opponent. This video may help supplement the description: Ray Legend vs. Rakansen|
|An indirect set capable of easily defeating Rahu III. Use the Geo Mine and Reflect Pod to lay traps around the field and set up other traps in front of the opponent with the gun before dashing away (Hence the name Ray Hologram). This is highly effective against other Shining Fighters, Metal Grapplers, Strike Vanisher, and Trick Flyer models but using this set can cause some issues when dealing with Little Raiders or other high speed robos.|
- Like other members of the Ray series, Ray Legend is named after the Light Phenomenon of the same name.
- A Legend is a narrative of human actions that take place within human history. This ties in with how Ray Legend is based on Ray, the first Ray robo in the series.
- Due to Ray Legend being owned by the Hero's Father, it is suggested to be the "protagonist" from the very first Custom Robo title.
- However, due to the instruction booklet of Custom Robo Battle Revolution stating that the game takes place in a world "slightly different from our own", this indicates that the world of Battle Revolution is a world different from the other games, indicating that the Hero's Father is not the same person as the hero from the 1st game.
- That being said, the Hero's Father could be the alternate version of the 1st game's hero.
- Although not reflected on its stat screen, Ray Legend has the highest attack of any Robo in the series.
- It also has the lowest defense of any Robo.
- With 6 air dashes, it is tied with Old-Timers in having the most amount of Air Dashes in the series.
- However, Ray Legend has faster air dashes than any of the Old-Timers.
- Despite his defense stat being listed as 0.5, he takes 160% damage from attacks. So, his "true" defense stat would be -3.0.
- Ray Legend's parts combination in his official render is the following: