|Size*||10 x 8 x 3|
|Description||Can air-dash once. Tough and sturdy with great defense. Boosts power of parts equipped.|
|Action||BR: Rises diagonally and attacks.|
Arena: Jumps diagonally up and whirls.
|Standard Damage||BR: 110 (stat is 2.0)|
|Effect||BR: Opponent slowly sent high up and behind Metal Ape.|
Arena: Opponent slowly sent high up.
|Ground Speed||108 hm/s|
|Jump Speed||182 hm/s|
|Jump Distance||37.5 in|
|*currently measured in inches|
Metal Ape (Metal Cong in Japan) is a Metal Grappler robo that appears in Custom Robo (GameCube) and Custom Robo Arena. It is a Normal Style robo in Custom Robo Battle Revolution and a Speed Style robo in Custom Robo Arena. It is primarily used by Carmen in Custom Robo Battle Revolution and Warren in Custom Robo Arena, but it's also a frequently used robo by unnamed characters in both games.
How to obtainEdit
- Custom Robo Battle Revolution: Beat Carmen and Walt in a 2-on-2 battle on Day 4.
- Custom Robo Arena: Purchase at the NeoBrain Parts Shop for $30.00.
Unlike the other Metal Grapplers, Metal Ape cannot be used for rushing an opponent as effectively because of its lower defense. However, it can still rush opponents more effectively than other robos thanks to its higher speed stat. The most effective method of using this fighter is not to worry so much about getting damaged, but instead hitting your opponent as often as possible. If you are looking for a robo that can tank hits better, try Metal Bear if playing Battle Revolution or Crazy Baboon if playing Arena.
Metal Ape's Charge is a very useful anti-air attack, so use it whenever the opponent is trying to advance through the air.
|Designed especially for stages with low walls. Fire the Charge Bomb for direct attack or blocking and keep the Meteor Fall's ground shots coming. Diving pods can be fired from the air or ground and are used to trap. The Short Thrusts keep dash movement as limited as possible to create shots more often.|
- Metal Ape is based on (and named after) the branch of primates by the same name.
- Metal Ape is most similar to V2 Metal Bear in Battle Revolution and V2 Bullhorn in Arena when looking at stats.
- Overall, however, Metal Ape is more similar to Bullhorn as it borrows its charge in both titles.
- BR Metal Ape has better Endurance than V2 Metal Bear.
- V2 Bullhorn has better Endurance than Arena Metal Ape, but Arena Metal Ape has better Aerial than V2 Bullhorn.
- It is equipped with the following parts in its BR render: